God chose me to salvation before the foundation of the world, and in the fullness of time gave me the gifts and graces of salvation.
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: According as He hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame." - Ephesians 1:3,4
"God has saved us and called us to a holy life - not because of anything we have done but of His own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time." - II Timothy 1:9 NIV
OTHER PASSAGES: II Thesalonians 2:13, Acts 13:48, Romans 8:28-30, Romans 9:11-24, John 15:16, John 17:2, I Corinthians 1:26-31, Revelation 13:8
- God loves me because He has chosen to love me.
"As Christians we ought always to remember that the Lord called us to Himself not because of our virtues, but in spite of our vices." - John Blanchard.
- I have no room to boast before God.
"The doctrine of election humbles a man without degrading him and exalts a man without inflating him." - Charles Hodge
- I am eternally secure in my salvation because God saves me.
"God never repents of His electing love." - Thomas Watson
- God's love for me remains constant.
"As God did not at first choose you because you were high, so He will not forsake you because you are low." - John Flavel
- The evidence of my election is holiness (i.e. faith, repentance, fruits of the Spirit, etc.)
"None can know their election but by their conformity to Christ; for all that are chosen are chosen to sanctification." - Matthew Henry
- Faith and repentance, though gifts, are my responsibility to possess.
"Let a man go to the grammar school of faith and repentance before he goes to the university of election and predestination." - George Whitefield
- Deep, abiding comfort comes tot hose who can rest in God's electing love.
"The marvel of marvels is not that God, in his infinite love, has not elected all of this guilty race to be saved, but that he has elected any." - B.B. Warfield